Things to do at 1:00AM. And 1:30. And 2:00. etc.
The sniffles? Sure, a little. But sleeping through the WHOLE night - yes, actually, that's what it is. It's toddler sleeping pills. (well, sort of - it's liquid, but I'm tired, so just go with this)
Anyway, here's a list of my top 5 recommendations for things to do with a small child from 1-2:30AM.
- Promise him chocolate chips and the return of removed toys if he stays in bed and doesn't wake up mom and dad.
- Insist that you really do need to take your ear with you when you leave, no, he can't keep holding it.
- Get a snack. Or two. Try to figure out where that darn blueberry went - in the dark.
- Keep your patience when said child informs you that he's peed his pajama pants, despite your asking (a dozen friggin times!) if he wanted to use the potty.
- Return to your bed, snuggle in, start to fall asleep, poke your husband - hard - and then pretend to be sound asleep when the child comes through your door for the seventh time in an hour.
Dear Makers of Zyrtec,
Thank you so much for the magical medicine you've given me to help my child through his allergies. Please add a warning to the package that suddenly discontinuing use may cause parental insanity.